Thursday, August 10, 2023

Friends on the Town [9]


 "Hey - Tiff's here" Sam said, slapping Paul in the chest. Paul and Cindy looked toward the entrance where Tiff, dressed all in white, was carefully navigating her way around a sacuy Buffalo wing display.

"Tiff!" Cindy and Paul cried out in greeting.

"Hi guys," Tiff said as she reached the booth. "It's been a bit."

"I don't think I've stepped foot in here since college," Paul confirmed.

"I'm surprised they let you back in," Cindy teased.

"Hey now - don't remind them. I think they've forgotten by now. And I think that waiter's now a butcher across town."

"What makes you say that?"

"I can't be sure - I don't exactly remember his face - but the way the butcher ripped the ticket out of my hand and eyed his collection of knives I felt like it was him."

"Are you saying he has a beef against you?" Sam smirked.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out."

"I don't know why it's such a big deal - it was just a few pizzas." Tiff said.

"And the guy had to wear them all night!" Sam ribbed. "He was probably picking pepperoni out of his pants when he got home."

"Hey, it was an accident! I said I was sorry."

"Pepperoni pants and a sausage shirt," Cindy said through a snort of laughter. "Maybe he got his girlfriend a chiffon and cheese camisole!"

Paul turned an embarrassed shade of tomato red as the friends had a laugh. The waitress came up to the booth and asked if they were ready to order.

"Order! Order! We must restore order!" Sam joked as he mimed banging a gavel on the table.

Cindy looked at the waitress and said "we'd like an extra large chef's special pizza-" she paused to look at Paul "-on plates."

No comments:

Post a Comment