Saturday, July 6, 2024

Don't You Love Me?

Art by Ginnie

Don't you love me?

Of course I love you.

I can tell when you're lying

No you can't - that's my special power.

I didn't mean it like that. I know you. I've known you for a long time now. I can't necessarily tell when others are lying, but you? I can tell when you're lying.

Ah, and?

And you don't love me anymore.

I-I mean-

No, stop it.

I still have love for you?

I know.

I still care for you.

I know.

But you're not wrong, I suppose-

I know.

I just - there's - I just don't feel the same way I used to.

I see that and I hear that in everything you do and say.

Babe.

What?

You see everything with that big eye of yours.

Don't even start.

You're the one who brought up seeing and hearing.

What part of 'don't start' was unclear?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Now what are we going to do about us?

I don't know.

You're still thinking about my appearance.

No, I-

Yes.

No. Yes. I- You brought it up. I'm sorry.

Is that why you hate me now?

What are you even talking about? You looked like this when I started dating you!

Yeah, but now you hate it.

No! No. That's not it and you know it, little miss 'Can tell if I'm lying.' I just don't feel a spark anymore.

Don't feel a spark?

I don't know.

But you can't leave me.

I'm not dying or anything. I just, I don't know, can't date you anymore.

But why?

I don't know!

It's that snake-haired bitch, isn't it!?

Babe, listen to yourself. It's not someone else. It's not even you. I just don't feel a spark anymore. And - to be clear - I'm not petrified, so it's definitely not her, now is it?

So what now?

So, let's have dinner and I'll get my stuff from your place.

You got dinner?

Yeah - your favorite - purple people.

No comments:

Post a Comment