Thursday, July 4, 2024

Creation

Art by Matt

"Look what I made," I said, holding my creation up for all to see.

Nobody seemed to notice.

"Look what I made!" I said a little more forcefully.

Again, nobody seemed to notice.

I went up to the nearest man and showed him my creation.

"Look what I made," I implored.

"Oh, nice," he said, looking at it for a mere moment.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Sure, it's great," he answered. "Now why don't you go show it to someone else."

I toddled off to a nearby woman.

"Look what I made!" I said.

"Oh, hello, what's this?" the woman asked.

"I made it," I said.

"Oh, I see." She took a long look at what I had created. "Have you considered putting this bit over there?"

"Oh, no," I answered. "I didn't think of that."

"Well, go fix it," she said.

So I went and I fixed it.

"Look what I made," I announced once I was done.

Nobody seemed to notice. I tried to track down the woman, but I couldn't find her. I walked up to an older man.

"Look what I made!" I said.

"Ah, he answered. "Good, good."

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"It's fine, I suppose," he answered. Could be a better color though."

"Oh, thank you," I answered. Then I went and I fixed it.

I looked for the older man, then the woman, then the first man, but couldn't find any of them. I walked up to a teenager.

"Look what I made," I said.

"Looks like shit," the teen said.

I looked at what I'd made and it did look like shit - the color was all wrong and it looked backward.

I set my creation down and thought for a long time.

After some deliberation, I didn't make anything ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment