Saturday, April 9, 2022

Six 'ricks

There was a bartender: Jess
Whose art was always the best
Whether ink on paper
or intellectual caper
She's an inspiration, I confess

&&&

Aly inspires both poem and prose
As she covers a body from head to toes
Whether in leather
Or boa (feathered)
She makes damn interesting clothes

&&&

I just visited Kayla
Alas, my writing a failure
Despite the blank page
It's her I'd engage
'cause damn, I'd love to nail her

&&&

What is wrong with my brain?
Whether in sun or wind or rain
I can't seem to write
'til deep in the night
The rest of the day is a drain

&&&

Thrice I've used the word whether
And now I've referenced the weather
It seems to appear
I'm stuck in a gear
Heather Leather Feather Tether

&&&

Paper bag artistic endeavor
Has done my brain a big favor
Wanted to write
Have done so tonight
That's quite a victory to savor

[note: written after an unsuccessful writing group session on a paper bag meant to hold a 40 ounce beer]

No comments:

Post a Comment