Friday, November 13, 2015

A New Face

"I don't like it one bit."

"What? Why not?"

"For one thing - what the hell is it?"

"Why does that matter? It's not supposed to be anything."

"Well, for being nothing, you've certainly got it in a prominent spot."



"Well, it's important to me!"

"How is this important to you? If it was so important, why am I just now learning about it?"

"Honey, please. I know it's new and weird, but you'll get used to it. It truly represents who I am inside and I think I should make it permanent."

"Permanent!? Are you crazy!?"

"I will not let you talk to me that way - this is my body and this is what I want."

"And you want to go out in public and face all those people with that... thing on your face? I just can't believe it."

"Well, get used to it. I'm going to wear it all day today so everyone else gets used to it too."

"Jesus, really!?"

"Yes, really."

"I just... I can't... wow."

"What?"

"I just wish I knew where this came from."

"Well, it doesn't much matter - all that matters is that it's who I am."

"I... ugh. I can't win this, can I?"

"Nope. Now, who am I meeting with this morning?"

"John, I think. He'll need your final approval on nominating a new Secretary of the Interior."

[written May, 2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment