Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wendy was a weird one

Wendy was a weird one. Lucy lapped up lavender lemonade. Edna was a duck.

"I do believe it's about time to get to the funeral," Wendy declared. Lucy looked up from her bowl.

"There is no funeral today, Wendy. You are so very weird."




"I thought Bob died and his funeral was today. In fact, today at six o'clock."

"Bob is very much alive," said Lucy. "I think your head's a bit broken."

"Oh, sorry. I just would have sworn it to be the case."

Wendy went to water her white roses. Lucy let her last bit of lavender lemonade linger on her tongue. Edna was a duck.

A sparrow flew directly into the window pane. Wendy dropped her watering can. Lucy swallowed her lemonade. Edna was a duck.

"Can you believe that just happened? What a bad omen for Bob." Wendy opined.

"What does that have to do with Bob? What are you even talking about?"

"Oh, the death of that poor bird. I thought it might herald Bob's demise."

"Bob is fine. Hale. Healthy. Full of vim and vigor. You needn't worry about him."

"Okay," Wendy replied in a soft voice. "I"m sorry I brought it up."

Wendy wandered, working toward the writing desk. Lucy leered, looking for signs of lunacy.

Edna shit on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment