Sunday, June 23, 2024

The Drying Pad

Am I am idiot? 

Is there a truth that has not been revealed to me? 

Why do the people who prepare food in my house use the drying pad to prepare their food? 

I didn't think this would be controversial or contentious, but here we are: the absorbent mat we use to put freshly cleaned dishes on to dry is the number one spot for coffee grounds, raw meat, and veggies ready to eat. It can't be moved to make more counter space. It can't be cleaned after it gets dirty. No, it must have a little taste of all the food we are soon to eat. 

I suppose I'm the dumb one, as everyone seems to use it the same way. 

Maybe one day I'll be enlightened. Maybe one day a bolt of lightning will strike me and I'll see the truth. That'll probably the same day I lose the ability to see crumbs and grease and ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment