Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Suspirium puellarum Celadus thraex

"Orange juice?" Corporal Williams offered the Lieutenant a pouch full of Tang. After the third month, the Lieutenant had stopped correcting him.

"Sure," the Lieutenant said as he relaxed back into his chair. "I just can't figure it out. Everything in this room has a meaning. Something clear, something distinct. But this... this!"

"I understand sir and I wish I could help."




"What is it? What could it possibly be? We've found it in some form all over the ruins. Sometimes with Platonic Solids, sometimes with a five-pointed star, but always three legs on some sort of two-shell body. Fuck!"

"Sir, I... I just had a thought."

"Yes?"

"Well, what do we know about the Elders' physiology?"

"Bits and pieces - we're still waiting on the official biological report to come out."

"And, uhm, what of their... genitalia?"

"What are you getting at Williams?"

The corporal fidgeted. "Well, sir... and this is coming from an enlisted perspective... could this be dick graffiti?"

"What!? Are you serious?"

"I mean, it might not be, but shit sir, we've been drawing dicks on things since time immemorial."

"And you're saying this advanced intelligence, this group of being who conquered time and space, would draw dicks on walls? Would you draw a dick on something? No. We're past that and so are they."

"Right, Sir - sorry for thinking such a thing." His eyes shifted. "And if you'll excuse me, I have to do a bit of cleaning."

No comments:

Post a Comment